Status: Full Time
Reports to: Lead Minister
South Rock Christian Church exists to help people find and follow Jesus.
The role of the Student Minister is to lead youth, grades 6-12, into a dynamic relationship with Christ and equip them to grow and serve. As such, the Student Minister is responsible for providing leadership/development to volunteers, while teaching and facilitating appropriate curriculum and programs.
- A Bachelor’s degree in ministry, as well as at least 3-5 years of experience.
- Lead the Student Ministry in a way that works in conjunction with the overall vision and ministry of South Rock Christian Church.
- Develop the current Youth Coach team, which consists of key committed and gifted volunteers.
- Lead, recruit, train, and develop new Youth Coaches.
- Partner with parents to encourage and equip them.
- Provide assistance in the oversight and planning for all aspects of Student Ministry programming, including:
- Large Youth Group Settings (Impact)
- Small Groups and Sunday School
- Outreach events
- Service Projects and Mission Trips
- Volunteer Appreciation
- Camps (currently CIY) and Retreats
- Curriculum selection/development for all programming
- Oversee the Student Ministry Budget.
- Work as a team player with the rest of the ministerial and support staff. This includes making every effort to attend all staff functions (i.e. – staff meetings, board meetings, retreats, etc.)
- Participate and provide support and leadership (when necessary) in church-wide events, even if they do not directly affect the Students Ministry (Discovering South Rock, Great Day of Service, National Prayer Day, Senior Thanksgiving Dinner, etc.)
- Share the responsibility of ministerial responsibilities, including, but not limited to:
- Hospital visits
- Leadership at certain events
- New Teacher Luncheon event
- MUST have a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Must demonstrate a high level of trustworthiness, and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
The wisdom to refrain from indiscriminately sharing information is critical, including, but not limited to social networks and word of mouth.
Must be able to communicate well, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to set timetables and accomplish them.
- Must display a pleasing public appearance and demeanor. Good people skills are crucial!
- Must be able to adapt to changing requirements and needs.
- Must work well in a team environment, with the overall goal of assisting the ministry staff and the congregation in their respective ministries.
- Must be willing to manage the appropriate amount of office hours along with the ministry hours outside of the office. (Total number of hours expected is 45 hours a week.)
- All SRCC staff members are expected to be members of the church, regular attendees, and to support the church financially. They are also expected to volunteer within the ministry of SRCC.
To apply please email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org